From 1765 until today
In 1765, Franz August Parsch founded the PARSCH company in Krupka in the Silesian region (former Czechoslovakia). The company was run as a family business until after the Second World War, after which Franz and Paul Parsch moved to Ibbenbüren in the mid-1950s and rebuilt the company. Eventually, in 1971, Peter and Wolfgang, the sons of Franz and Paul Parsch, took over the management. Upon Wolfgang Parsch’s departure from the company, Ludger Runde and Hubert Mersch joined the company. Following the retirement of Peter Parsch, the three partners Ludger Runde, Hubert Mersch and Uwe Ackermann were appointed on July 01, 1996 to continue operating the company, which was first established back in 1765 in the former region of Sudetenland.
During the year of its founding, the company started with the production of fire extinguisher buckets made of linen. Today, PARSCH uses state-of-the-art technology to manufacture hoses made of synthetic materials, mainly for firefighters. However, the company also manufactures special hoses for mining, drinking water transport and hoses for industry or irrigation for agriculture. The current share of exports is approx. 50 %.
From 1950 – 1984 the production site was located at Laggenbecker Straße 85. Afterwards it was relocated to Gildestraße 16. The factory premises occupy an area of approx. 32,000 m², of which more than 7,000 m² are covered with buildings. In 1975, the PARSCH company had 140 employees and was producing 1 million meters of hose/year, whereas today the company employs about 55 people producing 2 million meters/year. In order to improve efficiency, continuous investments have been made into new techniques and more efficient machinery. Additional investments are intended to secure the jobs of our industrial and commercial employees in the future as well.
Worldwide, customers appreciate the special quality of PARSCH hoses. Hoses with diameters ranging from 19 to 150 millimeters can withstand burst pressures of up to 60 bar; special hoses even up to 100 bar. The manufacturing process is very complex, involving twisting and circular weaving of the synthetic yarns, production of rubber compounds, extrusion of the inner rubber lining, vulcanization and – if desired – various outer coatings. Moreover, the hose lengths can also be assembled with, according to the respective standard, couplings.
PARSCH is manufacturing a wide range of high-quality hoses and fully complies with the strict requirements of the DIN EN ISO 9001:2015 quality standard.